A sustainable Net Zero future requires every country, every business, and every citizen in the world to work together.
SURTEC believes that it is everyone's responsibility to promote environmental sustainability and protect the earth's environment, because we know that everything we need comes from nature and also returns to nature: Coming from nature, and back to nature! ...
Sustainable development should create and maintain the condition of harmonious coexistence between humanity and nature to support present and future generations. Therefore, we should go green to reduce waste and pollution not only in our working environment, but also in all aspects of our life. To practice this belief, we have planned to be in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and have taken a series of measures both in Taiwan and in our factory to move in that direction.
Surtec’s earth team, mobilized to Run For Green
Climate change is no longer a myth, it's a reality. Today, many countries are enduring rising temperatures and even unexpected natural disasters. Taiwan is committed to realizing Net Zero by 2050. We will follow the steps of the Paris Agreement to actively promote the reduction of carbon emissions, water conservation, low-carbon manufacturing and continue to promote and implement energy and resource conservation programs.
We are committed to building a healthy, safe and comfortable working environment. We provide free health check-ups and actively care for the physical and mental health of our employees. At the same time, we have created a diverse and inclusive working environment, welcomed employees of different nationalities, and strengthened cooperation through mutual understanding, acceptance and respect, so as to create a better future for our company and its employees.
SURTEC is a socially conscious company. We realize that everyone has talent. With this in mind, we are eager to give back to the community. To this end, we actively contribute to the common good through programs that help people of different abilities in the community, whether they be affected by blindness, deafness or other physical or mental disabilities. We donate money to orphanages and sponsor scholarships for nursing schools. In addition, we contribute to environmental organizations as well as local school and sports organizations so that children can play sports outside of school hours. We do this to help maintain the health and well-being of people in the community, both now and in the future.
- Replace incandescent lights with LED bulbs to strengthen factory energy savings and reduce carbon emissions.
- We have divided our lighting controls into multiple regions - independent controls help to save energy.
- Air conditioning temperature reset to 26°C ( a 1°C temperature increase can save about 6% in power consumption)
- Equipment optimization and replacement in order to enhance efficiency (Automatic assembly machines, screen printing machines, sealing machines, electric screwdrivers, ultrasonic cleaning machines)
- Regular checks of machine operation and pressure.
- Review air compressor gas quality to reduce adverse discharge.
- Planning material handling to achieve the shortest possible movement path, thus reducing the use of the elevator.
- Reorganize the work space and machine layout to improve efficiency and save energy.
- Air compressor pipeline rezoning to reduce energy consumption.
- We added a wastewater treatment system to protect our rivers and oceans.
- Replaced manual water faucets with automatic sensor faucets.
- Condensate water from the air conditioner is recovered and reused.
- Recycling water from electroplating saves about 10% on water usage.
- We have replaced our ultrasonic cleaning machines with the water washing style of machine. With these machines, the waste water of the cleaning tank can be reused to achieve Net Zero (the original ultrasonic cleaning machines used a solvent containing bromopropane which is not environmentally friendly and a harm to human health)
- We have reduced and/or eliminated the use of disposable packaging and disposable products.
- Implemented garbage sorting.
- Cooperate with our local Environmental Protection Bureau to implement recycling of our waste.
- We have worked to implement recycling and reuse of cartons, plastic boxes, plastic drums and vacuum hoods.
- We began using plastic bags with 30% recycled material content in 2021. We have integrated our packaging material sources, reduced the plastic content used in our packaging, and use environmentally friendly packaging materials such as LDPE, Bio-HDPE, etc.
- We recycle waste and used electronic equipment.
- We use recycled paper and have changed our processes to reduce paper use.
We care for our local natural ecology and plant trees to beautify and enhance the environment. We encourage our employees to volunteer for environmental and ecological causes so that they can understand the importance of ecological sustainability. With the motto, ...
"It's better to walk than to sit." We take more practical actions to love the earth. We have actually participated in wetland maintenance work and expect that through our efforts, we can protect more habitat for future generations.
Our tooling design direction has been moved towards sustainable development. ...
In the selection of mold core materials, we use alloys that can improve productivity, longevity and efficiency. Because shorter production cycles can also reduce the use of electrical energy.
In the design of the tools we avoid excessive processing methods, and avoid redundant surface processing in order to protect the earth's environment, save energy and reduce carbon emissions. Additionally, we use high-efficiency computers to simulate tooling trials, which can reduce the number actual tooling trials and minimize wasted energy.
In production, we promote "sustainable supply chain management" for our suppliers. We act to ensure the provision of materials that comply with international environmental protection regulations and continue to create a win-win situation through communication, coordination and cooperation. ...
In our manufacturing processes, we are committed to building a "low-carbon production chain", from energy saving, to equipment optimization and renewal, material loading, recycling systems, production space planning, personnel environmental education and training, etc., we continue to improve and refine our production cycle in order to reduce costs and reduce our environmental impact.
To further that goal, Surtec is cooperating with the Georgia Institute of Technology and its Department of Materials Science and Engineering to develop environmentally friendly plastic and packaging materials that automatically biodegrade after a short period of time. The research and development is funded by Surtec, in order to develop sustainable products for the future and also to train talented young engineers to look out for the earth. We all need to do our part.